CATTS Ireland have been delivering courses to parents, and educators for years.
This site contains the courses that both educators and parents felt they have been missing or would help them in their schools better assist pupils who require additional supports.
We asked, made suggestions, got feedback, ideas to improve, and – Here we are!
SNAs / Special Ed teachers often don’t feel they have the groundings or support with the difficulties they need to assist pupils in school. Especially if they have changes in pupils they need to support mid way through the year.
💡 Our suggested solution:
Online Modular OnDemand training portal for SNAs, Special Education teachers, class teachers, with online therapist & peer support available.
Based on teacher, SNA feedback, the Portal has to be:
(Which Education Nation delivers)
- Accessible to ALL school staff/ support members when they need it – no requests to 3rd party to access (other than school principle, secretary or other nominated person at individual school level).
- Available anytime, so that if an SNA / Teacher needs to quickly brush up on something, it’s there for them
- Live updates as new research and techniques emerge
- Allow new skill training when they know they will get a pupil with that specific need into their class
- Live & real time management of courses taken by Principle, Lead SE teacher.
- Allow school to add/remove staff members access based on staff changes.
- Direct feedback loops to training provision so requests for help new resources can be added to on the go throughout the year.
- Free to teachers or staff at point of access, e.g. no need to request funds to attend training etc.
(Based on further feedback during the start of Covid-19, we added an Individual membership to allow parents and teachers access the courses on their own terms, without needing to be linked to a school)
Online Training portal
The content style was requested to SHORT modular courses focused on the ‘how to’ and practical steps and tips for classrooms etc.
SNAs have told us that it needs to be a catalog of modular courses (updated regularly), so that someone can just do an hour or 2 specifically on a topic: e.g. how to quickly help a pre-verbal kid who is joining your class.
However, the feedback was that they also didn’t have, or had the basics too long ago to be of use, on the key clinical difficulties they encounter in the classroom. As such, we have foundation 101 courses on each key area.
All topics have same structure:
- Basics 101s (designed to be understood by anyone.) -> Parents can access these at FULL cost on our main site. (E.g. Autism 101 is €35 for 1 person/family to access).
- Specific focused & Practical courses/ “What to do’s” split into versions for;
Preschools, Special Schools, Mainstream and Secondary School focus.
(To be used like a menu, staff pick the bits they feel they need as for the kids they have been given)
Practical Follow-on briefings and supports
Supporting children with Speech Sound Disorders (SSD) in the classroom
Supporting someone with ASD in the classroom
How much does this system cost our school?
We try to keep it as accessible as possible, however there is a cost to running a system such as this, as well as paying and securing talented professionals to create, deliver and give permission to record their training.
So, if you are looking to subscribe on behalf of yourself, or a school, we can assist you.
If you have questions before you sign up, you may find it already answered on our Frequently Asked Questions Page